Saturday, August 9, 2014

Kitchen Table

Pre-Move vs. Post-Move Phase

The cabin will need to be moved so I have to wait on installing drywall.  Also I have planned to install additional windows (all recycled and free) into the cabin to let more light in and allow better ventilation during warmer temperatures, which will also need to be done during the post-move phase of the project.  I will also have a friend/contractor help and teach me how to install windows.
This year we have been hit with ALOT of rain, and so the yard has been to wet and slippery to move something that size.  Once the cabin is moved, I will not have access to electricity in that location so I figured I get as much big stuff done before the move so I dry-fit the parts in the space.

First Project Building EVER!  The Kitchen Table

Before I started this project, I was kind of scared of machines that made loud noises, particularly my table saw.  I decided I should start something small like a table.  I used left over lumber from my barn and fence panels that I tore down from my backyard.

I basically, Build a rectangular frame for the table top and added to 2 legs.  The leaning part of the table will then be screwed into the wall of the cabin.  I would eventually add shelves underneath and use a curtain (purchased from Goodwill-$4) to line the front and side of the table.

Once I completed the basics of the table, I decided to add another feature to the table to help save room in the cabin.  I want to fit a cooler underneath the table and have the table top lift up to get access into the cooler.  I got this idea from one of the houseboat industry projects I saw on YouTube.com.  The cooler lid will be attached to the table top.


Total Cost of this project:  $0.00
Scrap lumber and fence materials = $0.00
Cooler = $0.00
Scrap screws = $0.00

No comments:

Post a Comment